Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Sutherland Burns Bauer

From the Suicide Girls News Wire.

Landmark TV drama 24 is popping up everywhere lately: billboards, bus stops, pop-up windows, bathroom stall advertisements...

And now, after last weekend's two-night, sixth-season premiere, one can expect Kiefer Sutherland and Co. to launch a multi-media advertising assault that'll leave you exhausted years after Jack Bauer rescues America (again). But perhaps the most enjoyable news about 24 circulating the Web involves the long-lost, Jack Bauer action figure from McFarlane Toys that fell off the radar for unknown reasons. Well, it seems Sutherland came clean and admitted to accidentally setting the mini-Kiefer protoype ablaze during a night of drunken celebration.

Sutherland explains, "They tried to come out with one a couple of years ago and they had sent me the doll for my approval... We took the doll out for a night to have some fun and we'd had some drinks. We sat it on the corner of the table. "We started torturing him around 11 o'clock at night, and, by two o'clock in the morning, we had set him on fire in the parking lot. "We got up the next day and there was just this puddle of wax. His clothes didn't burn, which I thought was pretty cool... and then I got a call the next day saying, 'Did you like the doll?' I said, 'Yeah, it was great.' And they said, 'Well, OK, good, you gotta send it back to us because that was the prototype... It took that guy a year to make it.' "I said, 'Well, let me look for it, I think I left it in the trailer.' This went on for about a week and then I had to just kinda come clean."


A clone of the original toy can be expected on shelves this August.

No comments: