Thursday, December 14, 2006

Happy Feet will Corrupt Your Children

I know that the 'Happy feet is liberal propaganda' story has been running for a while now, but here's the original Fox News video that kicked it off.



This makes me so mad, so infuriatingly hoppingly insane that I find it hard to form the words... they're not even trying to disguise it as news anymore, now they're just attacking anything - anything - that smacks of not agreeing with rampant consumerism, global corporate power and foreign policy. How absolutely paranoid do you have to be to fear an animated flick about dancing penguins and see it as an attack on your values and the American way of life...

I can't stand the fact that they disguise it as balanced opinion... before it was funny, now it makes me sick to my stomach. "An animated Inconvenient Truth" - "my kids were bouncing off the wall because it's so damned long" - "it presents man and big business as evil" - they write their opinions off as news, they claim promoting their agenda is discussion and bit by bit they are erroding logic and empathy from the minds of their audience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave, you gotta stop watching this Fox News man!
I like the bit at the end - she says, 'thank you so much for havin me on', he says, 'same here' - says it all.

Matt