Saturday, December 16, 2006

Headlines

I know I go on about Fox all the time, but I genuinely find them fascinating. I struggle to understand how grown adults can be so deceitful, misleading and trivial when it comes to reportage, but I guess that shows off my naivity more than their callousness.

Anyway, look at this. It's my RSS news feeds, courtesy of a great site called NetVibes.


I draw your attention to the feeds for Reuters, BBC and Fox and ask you to compare their headlines. Here they are closer up:




Now, far be it from me to decide what the lead stories for various news organisations should be, but I do find it a little worrying that two of the most respected news sources in the world are running with Palestinian story and Fox have chosen to go with Angelina Jolie talking about kissing two slightly different people.

I know that Americans live sheltered lives when it comes to international news stories but, good grief, 5 out of 7 of their headlines are celebrity related...!

No comments: